Friday, May 22, 2009

Head Clearing Time

The state budget is a smoking ruin and the only thing we know about next year's budget is that there will be cuts.  Good people will have to be let go.

In the lab I have been trying to perform a resolution on a material that has only trace solubility in every normal solvent I have tried.  It has been a couple of weeks of trying things without success.  I need the resolved material to get the results to finish the paper I started writing.  I am so frustrated that looking in the hood depresses me.  While my PhD mentor would frown on it I think I need a break.

I also have about a dozen half finished posts in the queue.

Then I had a dream the other night about a bridge I was building from some far off land.  I had the bridge done all the way to a island just off shore.  For some reason I could not accomplish the last portion to the mainland I was standing on.

Clearly, the dream is about drinking and/or gambling.  I think I will go the Vegas for a couple of days.

T.S. Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment